A nostalgic walk down the memory lane, best described as “Reminiscence”. It is Chetana’s way of expressing that friends are forever. The Alumni Meet is held every year, at the Institute’s premises, which is a home coming of every Chetanite.
An Alumni Committee has been founded with the mission to provide a high level of network influence which facilitates links between the Institute and its broad alumni community. It also provides all alumni with the opportunity to stay in touch with Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research.
The Alumni Committee works to promote closer relations between students and alumni by organizing student-alumni events and networking opportunities. This offer students an ongoing connection to Chetana’s Ramprasad Khandelwal and Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research.
For the esteemed alumnus, the Alumni Committee provides a way of keeping in touch with old friends and an institution that has enriched their lives by organizing the annual alumni reunion (Reminiscence) and other programs.
“Memories stay forever…never do they die…
Friends stay together… never say goodbye”
An Alumni is the brand-ambassador of the institute they graduate from. They are the most valuable resource of every educational institution. Their involvement in supporting & voluntarily contributing to institute helps in the progress and development of the institute. Alumni are like the role model for the students and when alumni share their experience, it is more easily accepted as guidance and inspiration by students.
Based on this ideology, our Alumni com has been working with the mission to provide a high level of network influence which facilitates links between the institute and its broad alumni com.
The Alumni Committee works to promote closer relations between students and alumni by organizing student-alumni events and networking opportunities. The Committee’s activities help link students to a vibrant alumni community for personal and professional networking.
Chetana’s Institutes of Management & Research provides the platform for meeting and interacting of the alumni with their alma mater on a regular basis and provides an opportunity for alums to re-connect with batch mates and stay abreast with the activities of the Institute. In its endeavour to reinforce relations with the alumni, the Institute manages a host of activities to enhance this interaction.
• To create and maintain continuous communication between the Institute, past and present students.
• To reinforce Industry-Institute-Interface and stimulate related activities for the benefit of students.
• To pursue and sustain excellence in education through interaction between the alumni, faculty and students.
Role of an Alumni:
Mentorship and Scholarships - alumni can play an active role in voluntary programmes like mentoring students in their areas of expertise. They could also play a significant role in contributing scholarships to deserving students.
Career Guidance - alumni is a huge talent pool whose guidance can be beneficial to many students and other fellow-alumni in their respective areas of study.
Networking Platform - alumni network by itself is one of the best professional networking platforms available today.
Placements - the alumni network of a college is one of the biggest sources of placement opportunities to the students. Alumni can help students get placed at their respective organisations. And many more……..
Leveraging the alumni community can be a win-win for both the institution and the alumni. Many of them are willing to 'Give-Back' to their alma-mater as a sign of their gratitude and affinity towards the institution. However, most of them are unsure of how and what should be done towards this. An effective alumni network assures the alumni as a significant stakeholder by making them actively participate in the institution’s developmental activities.
According to Margaret C. Andrews, “an effective alumni relationship begins with providing a successful experience to the students. The attachment that alumni have towards their alma-mater depends on the effort that a college takes to make their days memorable as students.”
Role of the committee – CAN (Chetana’s Alumni Network)
Roles & Responsibility:
• Organizing Annual Alumni Meet
• Organizing Regional Alumni Meet (RAM)
• Organizing Induction Session during Orientation Program of first year students
• Maintaining and updating alumni Portal/website
• Content, design and publication of annual alumni magazine “Atoot”
• Maintaining and updating alumni database
• Mentorship Programme
• Organizing ‘Alum talks’ regularly
• Updating various events organized at Chetana’s on Social Media to reach out to Alumni
• Maintaining Chetana’s alumni LinkedIn account
• Organising treks with alumni
• Organise fun filled events for the Alumni like Cooking, art, music, etc
• Highlighting achievements of our alumni,
• Creation of city councils and organisation of city-wise networking meets globally
• Handling of the social media channels of the Alumni Committee.
• introduce a mobile app for the Alumni to be connected on-the-go,
• Building of an Alumni Wall in the campus to highlight Alumni achievements
• Merchandise store, the E-store
• Interview the Alumni with great achievements
• Alumni Awards
• Creating a coffee book from the time of inception of Chetana’s till today, with the highlight being its Alumni
• Promote the Institute within one’s sphere of influence, whenever the opportunity arises
• Participate actively and consistently in CAN meetings, regional Alumni chapter events and other institute functions
The Importance of Alumni Relations:
Students, past and present, are what any Institute should be all about. Faculty and staff are vital as well, but students are unique in that they will forever fill a role—whether they are current students or long graduated. It would be easy to lose track of most graduates after they embark on their various careers, but doing so would be a huge mistake on any Institute’s part.
They create the Institute’s reputation, which relies in large part on how successful graduates are in the real world. This process is self-feeding as well. If a business school becomes well known for producing graduates that are intelligent, innovative, and effective in their fields, then its reputation will grow. New graduates will have better job prospects because they went to a well-known school, and the process will continue. Alumni also help sustain the Institute through donations and volunteerism. It costs a lot of money to keep any Institute on its feet, and a big chunk of that comes from alumni donations. Sometimes, large donations allow universities/institutes to provide students with newer technology, better facilities, and a nicer campus—which in turn keeps universities/institutes competitive and appealing. A key factor in college and university rankings is the amount of alumni participation that an Institute has. This isn’t surprising, considering an active alumni base generally indicates that past graduates feel like they had a quality educational experience. Attending a business school with very active alumni also often encourages current students to remain involved and active after graduation, once more perpetuating a good cycle.
We welcome you to register on your very own alumni portal.